Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day at the Beach

On Saturday, my two girlfriends (Amber and Grace) and I  took a trip to the beach! 



The beach is located in a village called Matalascañas, which is about an hour bus ride from Seville. It is also the historical site of ruins from the 16th century. The Crown of Aragon built guard towers along the coast to protect the village from attacks. Here is what is left of one of the watch towers:






It was a perfect day for the beach--sunny, but not too hot, and the water was perfect. In fact, it was my first time in the Atlantic Ocean. 

The first time I put my toes in the Atlantic Ocean
  
The beach was so beautiful that we spent the entire day there. Including lunch:

Paella, fried seafood, and shrimp, right out of the ocean


I have to say, I was pretty content lying on the beach, napping, and watching puppies play in the sand in Spain. What more could I ask for?




*If you'd like to see more pictures from my day at the beach (and others!), click on the link on the left side of the page that reads "Photos."

1 comment: